Sunday, December 13, 2009

I've been waiting...



Is the title of my latest painting. The girl in the picture is a vampire, she has a slightly mischievous look about her, like she's seeing someone she's been waiting for, an old lost lover, or a human walking into a trap, I'm leaving it to your imagination. I tried to give her a really pale complexion, and play around with lighting at the same time. I'm not really good with lighting. I just paint it the way I think it would look. I gave her clothing and the lamp behind her an old fashioned, slightly victorian look, and made her hair very tossled and modern. I think it gives the picture a nice contrast.

I really like how it turned out in the end. I think I was able to give it a dark ambience, sort of mysterious. The painting was made with acrylic paint and water colour on a regular drawing paper. Please feel free to give me pointers on the lighting or my technique.



No comments:

Post a Comment