Saturday, January 18, 2014

Eat your vegetables! - illustration


I decided to have some fun with my fantasy art and not paint my usual warrior women and sorcerers. I wanted to paint something homey and cozy with a touch of humor. I've had this idea in my head for a while and it was a relief to finally have it on paper so I can think of other images.

The piece is titled "Eat your vegetables" and it came about because I was contemplating whether or not kids have always shied away from eating greens or if it is a relatively modern phenomenon. if we go far enough back in time I don't think they had much choice though, eat your veggies or starve seems to be a more than likely scenario in my mind.


(c) Anita K. Olsen Stoebakk
I chose to let the use of color in my image be inspired by Vermeer, his use of color and light is amazing, and I bow down low to his skill.







Until next time,
Anita Night
a.k.a Anita K. Olsen Stoebakk



No comments:

Post a Comment