Friday, April 30, 2010

Desert sands update


This is as promised an update on the desert themed painting I'm working on in my spare time. I've been working a lot on the elven mage outfit. I had to change the corset design, I just wasn't happy with it, the shape just made her torso look funny. I like the new one a whole lot better. I've added some patterns to the silk shirt and changed up the colors on the cloak and pants.

I've also done some work on her face and a magical effect test. Not really looking forward to fiddling with magic effects but I'm not shying away from the challenge. I figured I'd give the picture a nice pink/purple/blue  night sky. When I decide properly on where to put my light sources I'll start adding some more dramatic shadows and highlights ^^

Hopefully I'll get the opportunity to work some more on this piece next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment