Saturday, January 1, 2011

Anansi Boys Book cover

So yeah, what the title says really :p

It's a book cover for Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman for my university book cover project. This is one of five planned book cover illustrations. The other four will be published as soon as they are finished.

I am a big fan of Neil Gaiman, so I figured I would do an illustration for one of his books. I had not read Anansi Boys before so I decided to read it and illustrate it. (Loved the book btw). I looked at a lot of the previous covers for the book and to be honest I thought they were kind of boring (no offense to the artists, just a personal opinion). I basically just decided to make an illlustration that eould make me want to read the book if I wasn't already a Gaiman fan, and the result can be seen below.


Fig 1: This is the original artwork. Pencil and Photoshop basically.



Fig 2: This is how the cover spread ended up looking like. I might have to change the text on the back, but we'll see. I just used the text you find on the back of Clipper Publishings large print edition. The books content is well described in that text and I'm not really too good at writing summaries.

Thats all for now

Love,

Anita Night



No comments:

Post a Comment