Wednesday, March 30, 2011

At the end of the day

This past weekend I was trying to figure out what to make for my postcard for the creative industries module that I've been working on. I was just sketching really and then this little fisher elf came to me and I just had to finish him.

I won't be using him as a promotional card but I'll probably add him to my portfolio in the children's illustration section.

here's a step by step of how he came to be:

Steb 1 was the sketch. I did it in pencil and scanned it.


Step 2 was to start laying on basic colors in the background before starting to give them more life and tonal value. I played around with some brush dynamics so I could paint the foliage faster.

Step 3, Now you can see that I'm starting to add some texture to the greenery and I've decided what colors the elf should be wearing.

Step 4, I've skipped ahead here. After a few hours of rendering, color adjusting and so on and so forth this is what the image finally turned out like. If you look closely you'll notice that the tree in the background is bigger. I found it to be too small in comparison to everything else in the image so I resized it.

Until next time

Anita Night

No comments:

Post a Comment