Sunday, April 3, 2011

Zaida - Original character

This is Zaida, an assassin created by me and my fiancée. She comes from a fictional fantasy world that we have created together. Originally she was from a completely different life than the one she leads now. But the unforeseen events put her on her current path.

After creating her as a concept I felt I had to draw her. I always feel like my characters come to life when I draw them. They become more tangible and their personalities evolve when you put them to paper. The aim is to one day write a fantasy novel about the universe we have created and the characters we hold very dear.

Below you can see the development of the Character design from a loose sketch to a finished full colour version.

Fig 1:

Fig 2:

Fig 3:

Fig 4:

No comments:

Post a Comment