What better way to start the post than with a happy drunk pirate ^^
Ok, so I totally lifted this idea of my friend Vinter over at Lazy inhouse illustration , and she in turn was forced to do it by her boyfriend.
The name of the game is as you might have guessed: Achievable goals. Things you want to accomplish during the coming year. It got me thinking, do I know what my goals are? Surprisingly enough I kind of had a mental list, but writing it down makes it more real and forces you to do more than just thinking about it.
Here is my list:
1. Set up illustration business and apply for government funding.
2. Take business classes so I don't run my own business to the ground within the first year
3. Buy a new drawing tablet and Painter 12...And then learn how to use painter..
4. Explore other niche markets in the illustration market besides fantasy and Sci-fi art. (editorial, children's books, packaging or licensing)
5. Maybe set up a "drink and draw" sketch group (creative people gathering somewhere like in a pub and enjoying some nice beverages while sketching and socialising). Because let's face it, illustrators tend to be way too solitary and some social stimuli must be good for our creative mushy brains!
Most of that actually sounds coherent and semi -intelligent. So not too shabby if I might say so myself.
I don't know if I'll be able to actually achieve all of these goals but they should be within my grasp if I push myself just a little bit more. We'll see.
Until next time