Wednesday, August 10, 2011

University of Wolverhampton Degree show

Our degree show was held in June, it's a whule ago I know, but I forgot I had these pictures laying about and so now I'm actually bothering to put them up on my blogs.

below you can see me posing in front of my panels. I didn't have a lot on my wall, I would have put up more of my fantasy stuff, but they weren't a part of my university artwork so I couldn't put them up there. I did however slip some of them into my portfolio.


Here you can see my panels without me cluttering up the picture:


Some close ups of my work:

Book covers


Poetry book artwork



Some doodles from my sketchbook and some children's book spreads:

Going into it I had no idea how a degree show worked really. We didn't really do it like this in Norway when we graduated. It was interesting to see how many visitors actually came to see the show, the building was packed on opening night. People also came visiting the following days as well. I don't know how much good it did me and my work in the end. I didn't really get much feedback from people or any job offers for that matter. At least I participated though. You can't win if you don't compete and not attending the show wouldn't have gotten me anywhere.

All in all it was a good experience and I also got to see all the stunning stuff my fellow illustration students had been working on.

Until next time
Anita Night


No comments:

Post a Comment