Monday, June 18, 2012

Scarab tattoo illustration



I recently bought the newest anatomy special from ImagineFX, my all time favorite magazine. I flipped through it and got the intense urge to draw human anatomy. Specifically a part of the human anatomy that I almost never draw. The human back. Let me tell you it is so much harder to draw a good image of the human back than you would think. There are so many subtle muscles and angles that need to be taken into consideration. I needed a lot of reference to do a decent sketch of it.

Just drawing the human anatomy is a nice challenge in itself, but since I love a bit of flair of detail in my art I decided to create an egyptian scarab tattoo on the womans back. I also went for some sort of interesting hair-do as opposed to the loose natural hair I often do.

I actually like this image very much. The colors are nice ant the anatomy looks decent. The fact that you can't see the womans face is kind of intruiging to me. it leaves questions in the mind. Who is she? How old is she? Where does she come from?



(c) Anita K. Olsen

Well that's all for now, I'll try to make a new video for the Anita Illustrated vlog, something useful, but also fun.

Until next time
Anita K. Olsen

Contact:


No comments:

Post a Comment