Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A young illustrators life is never easy

I feel the title describes well the situation that we all find ourselves in when we graduate or when we decide to tackle the business of illustration.

As most of my followers probably know, I am graduating this summer. In September I will receive my diploma and go back home to Norway. I'll try to attend business classes, apply for government funding so I can actually buy some proper equipment and set up a nice office in whatever shady apartment I end up in back in Oslo. (Not looking forward to moving all my stuff to a new place, but I am looking forward to getting back home to my beloved country of origin).

I'll have to get a part time job so I can actually pay rent, and my other half will hopefully be able to go back to school, finish some of his remaining courses so he can start studying web design. Let's just say we have a lot on our plates. (Sometimes I wish I had an inhaler *wheeze*).

It makes me feel a bit sweaty every time I think about it, so I try not to. Instead I am just focusing on the present. As long as I'm in the UK I'll try to involve myself as much as possible in University projects, personal projects, exhibitions and the like. After all I have all summer to prepare a nice portfolio. At the beginning of June it seemed like I would have an eternity to do all the things I wanted to do. Now however, it seems like time is going too fast and like I'll only get to do half the things I wanted to do.

My biggest concern though is money. I just hope we will have enough to survive through the summer, get home to Norway, pay a deposit for a new apartment and so on...

Well enough about my worries. On the bright side the Hip Pop Rocksy project seems to be going in the right direction. I've done 4 of 45 illustrations,
yeah 4 down only 41 to go :p
I have to say that so far actually finishing the illustrations didn't take as long as I thought it would, but I probably won't be able to finish this project before September or Something like that. 45 large images is a lot after all. It'll be fun to see how things will evolve as I go.

Well that's enough from me right now.

Until next time
Anita Night


No comments:

Post a Comment