Saturday, July 23, 2011

For Oslo 22.07.2011

I can't lay down flowers in Oslo's city Centre, but right now I wish I could. That city was my home for two years, and will be my home again in September. Luckily neither my family nor friends who lived in Oslo were hurt in the explosion, and for that I am grateful.

My heart does however go out to those who did lose family or friends in the terrorist attack. I have shed tears for the innocent teens and young adults who lost their lives at Utøya and I am amazed by the efforts that volunteers, civilians and the police has put in to help the people trying to escape the island, the help they have given the survivors and the ones left behind. You are all heroes in my eyes.

I made this drawing, and it is dedicated to those who died yesterday. It's just a simple little thing. I just wanted to show my support and the grief I share with the rest of my nation. My little gesture means little when you look at the big picture, but it is there none the less.


In memory of the fallen.
May you all rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment