Sunday, April 29, 2012

My entry for the Art Order "D&D Art Test Challenge"


Today is the deadline for the latest ArtOrder challenge, the "D&D Art Test". I have as I often do thrown my lot in. The result can be seen below:



I am really looking forward to seeing what all the other competing artists have come up with and which of the assignments they chose to go for. If you haven't heard of this challenge before you can find the details here.

This challenge is a big deal, as an artist who dreams of working for Wizards of the coast one day I really put in a high gear on this one and did a lot of reference research to create a Mongolian inspired town guard.

Personally I am very pleased with the colors and the textures. I didn't have time to do a step by step on this one but I do have the original sketch available.



I also did a male version of this character just for practice because I don't draw men very often. He turned out pretty ok, but I preferred the female guard personally.




Until next time,
Anita K. Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment