Sunday, June 23, 2013

Art of Drawing Anatomy by David Sanmiguel - book review



I recently purchased a new anatomy book, and since I am usually on a tight budget I had to find something that was very affordable but of good quality. I bough this specific book on www.play.com for 12 euros or something like that which I thought was quite the steal. I bought it because the only anatomy book I had in my possession was not very good and filled with mostly exaggerated super hero like images. It was not very helpful to be quite honest. This book however was infinitely better. Is it one of the best ones out there? I haven't got the faintest idea as my experience with anatomy books is somewhat limited. I will say however that I personally like it a lot. It has all the basics covered like the concept of ideal anatomy, but also goes into detail, naming the bones and the muscles of the body and showing you how to foreshorten limbs and things like that. I found it immensely helpful and realized that I should have bought a new anatomy book a loong long time ago.

I would recommend this book to beginners and intermediate artists. It is easy to read and has lots of illustrations in it that explains the text and concepts of drawing the human body. I think it has a lovely production quality. I wish it had come as a hardback instead of paperback, but that is just me being picky. In general this is a beautiful book of good quality.

Below you can see some simple photos that I have taken of my copy of the book.






Until next time,
Anita K. Olsen Stoebakk

Contact:
anitaolsen.illustration@gmail.com

Website:
www.anitaolsen.daportfolio.com


No comments:

Post a Comment