Sunday, June 2, 2013

Dripping Lips - Illustration


I've been really into Vampires lately, I think it has to do with the fact that we're playing a fucking awesome Vampire the Masquerade campaign right now. The concept is so cool, and dark and gritty and extremely hard, but because the Storyteller(my dear husband doesn't like to share his plots on the web I have to keep my tongue, sorry.)

Anyway This recent obsession with vampires has inspired me to write a short story about my character. She is a girl from the pre -Victorian Era who got shipped of to a sanatorium by her family and suffered countless indignities and pains. She got turned into a Vampire by a Malkavian who rescued her from the asylum and exacted revenge on her behalf. For those of you who don't know what a Malkavian is, let's just say these vamps are koo koo for cocoa puffs! You can find them in the 20th anniversary edition of Vampire the Masquerade (which is totally the best version of the Vampire RPG's)

Getting to the point, after writing my short story (which you can read and listen to here!) I felt the need to draw something vampiric, or at least bloody, but with a clean and contemporary feel to it so I started sketching on some glossy bleeding, dripping lips. Just got to love them.

(c) Anita K. Olsen Støbakk


Until next time,
Anita K. Olsen Støbakk

Contact:
anitaolsen.illustration@gmail.com

Website:


No comments:

Post a Comment