Sunday, February 14, 2010

All Choked Up

So, I'm trying something new :P

I've never been much of a crafter to be honest, but I've always envied those who are, so now I'm doing an honest attempt at making something beautiful and wearable. I figured making chokers would be an ok place to start. 

This is a silk ribbon choker. The heart is made from red matte velvet with white pearls around the edge. I originally wanted to sew the pearls on, but the velvet wasn't really thread friendly so I used some fabric glue instead. worked out quite nicely actually. Because of the awful light in my apartment the textures of the fabric doesn't really show as well as I would have liked.



I would love to get some feedback on my little project, tips, tricks etc, to improve my technique :P


No comments:

Post a Comment