Friday, February 5, 2010

Awesome gun?

So this is the second time that I have ventured into an ArtOrder challenge. This one didn't take me as long as the last one, but the experience was very valuable for me still. I can't really draw guns of any kind, or more truthfully, I have never really tried. I don't know why though. I like guns, I am a licensed member of Tromsø Pistol club and have been shooting at an indoor shooting range on and off for a couple of years, so really I have no excuse :P 

I'll take the chance to say that I am completely against unresponsible behavior around weapons. One should always have respect for the fact that a gun is a weapon. You can end up hurting yourself or others, or worse you could end up killing people.

But enough of the moral rantings. Here is my entry for the bad ass gun challenge. It is inspired by an old russian Margolin MCM pistol and a Colt Mustang II, with some personal alterations. I kinda like that it looks sleek. After all a gun can still be bad ass without being huge and lumpy. The skull hanging from the handle/grip is a rat skull and I added some feathers and beads and a warped checkered pattern on the handle. I feel it gave the gun a gypsy feel to it so I decided to name it "The Trickster". 



2 comments:

  1. Very cool! I love the charm type thing on the bottom! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, I'm very glad you liked it.
    I like your Art Libs blog, I think it's really cool that you are showing of other artists magnificent work like that ^^

    ReplyDelete