Thursday, May 5, 2011

Fuchsia Injection

I did this image as a practice portrait. i needed to touch up on my faces. I often end up drawing faces that look very similar and sometimes quite flat. I found a very nice stock image on deviantart by Chamberstock that inspired me I just sat down and got to it. You don't improve without practice, easy as that.

At least I don't :p

I simply did a quick sketch on top of the stock image and then I removed the stock image. After that I started coloring the skin, choosing the right hues and blending. I am not a very efficient blender. It takes me a while to get it right, so it was good practice for me really. I had some trouble with the proportions of the face and had to refer back to the original image quite a lot but I finally got it somewhat right. The hair was a bit tricky too, but as soon as I figured out some neat tricks it went pretty smoothly.


If you have any constructive critique or comments about it feel free to leave a comment below.

Until next time
Anita Night

No comments:

Post a Comment