Saturday, April 9, 2011

Dragon Queen- Promotional Card

I was finally able to decide upon something to draw for my promotional postcard. It took a while to be honest. I had no idea whatsoever. Luckily I just sat down to doodle last weekend and the idea just popped out of my pencil.

I would have finished it then and there, but I figured I would show it to my tutors to make sure it was a good idea. I have a history of rushing the final product and I'm trying to shake the habit. As it turned out they liked the idea, and didn't say a lot about edits or anything. That doesn't happen a lot.

I did however make some changes to it, because i felt it was missing something. Below you can see the image develop from the first concept sketch all the way to the final product.

sketch 1


Sketch 2



Sketch 3


Finished illustration



I think it really shows of my technical drawing skill, which apparently is something I need to sell more, and show more of.

Until next time
Anita Night

No comments:

Post a Comment